Skip to main content

AzureCLI Custom Python

Installing Azure CLI on Archlinux

When trying to install Azure CLI on Archlinux, I follow the documentation, in the "script" tab, and it leads to the following errors:

[mihamina@arch-00 ~]$ curl -L https://aka.ms/InstallAzureCli | bash
[...]
Running install script.
-- Verifying Python version.
-- Python version 3.11.3 okay.

[...]

-- Executing: ['/usr/bin/python3', 'virtualenv.py', '--python', '/usr/bin/python3', '/home/mihamina/lib/azure-cli']
/tmp/tmpn0w4l6w9/virtualenv-16.7.11/virtualenv.py:24: 
    DeprecationWarning: The distutils package is deprecated and slated for removal in Python 3.12. 
    Use setuptools or check PEP 632 for potential alternatives
  import distutils.spawn

/tmp/tmpn0w4l6w9/virtualenv-16.7.11/virtualenv.py:25: 
    DeprecationWarning: The distutils.sysconfig module is deprecated, use sysconfig instead
  import distutils.sysconfig

Already using interpreter /usr/bin/python3
Using base prefix '/usr'
New python executable in /home/mihamina/lib/azure-cli/bin/python3
Also creating executable in /home/mihamina/lib/azure-cli/bin/python
ERROR: The executable /home/mihamina/lib/azure-cli/bin/python3 is not functioning
ERROR: It thinks sys.prefix is '/usr' (should be '/home/mihamina/lib/azure-cli')
ERROR: virtualenv is not compatible with this system or executable

This problem is due to the fact my system has a too recent Python version fir the system:

[mihamina@arch-00 ~]$ python --version
Python 3.11.3

Issue reported to Github

I reported that issue to the issue tool on Github , and there is a comment indicating me that this install method is not really relevent anymore: An issue thread related to the new way of installing Azure CLI has been opened where it discusses the new way

python3 -m venv azure-cli-env
./azure-cli-env/bin/python -m pip install --upgrade pip
./azure-cli-env/bin/python -m pip install azure-cli
./azure-cli-env/bin/az --version

With that way, one installs Azure CLI with its embaded local version of Python!

Popular posts from this blog

npm run build base-href

Using NPM to specify base-href When building an Angular application, people usually use "ng" and pass arguments to that invocation. Typically, when wanting to hard code "base-href" in "index.html", one will issue: ng build --base-href='https://ngx.rktmb.org/foo' I used to build my angular apps through Bamboo or Jenkins and they have a "npm" plugin. I got the habit to build the application with "npm run build" before deploying it. But the development team once asked me to set the "--base-href='https://ngx.rktmb.org/foo'" parameter. npm run build --base-href='https://ngx.rktmb.org/foo did not set the base href in indext.html After looking for a while, I found https://github.com/angular/angular-cli/issues/13560 where it says: You need to use −− to pass arguments to npm scripts. This did the job! The command to issue is then: npm run build -- --base-href='https://ngx.rktmb.org/foo&

Emacs Pulumi LSP

Install Pulumi Emacs Mode The source code is on https://github.com/pulumi/pulumi-lsp. At the very bottom of the page are the instructions on how to install. You Need to have make installed. $ make install emacs-client mkdir -p ./bin go build -ldflags "-X github.com/pulumi/pulumi-lsp/sdk/version.Version=v0.2.3-6-gec49054" -o ./bin -p 10 ./cmd/... go: downloading github.com/pulumi/pulumi/sdk/v3 v3.53.1 ... ... ... go install -ldflags "-X github.com/pulumi/pulumi-lsp/sdk/version.Version=v0.2.3-6-gec49054" ./cmd/... mkdir -p editors/emacs/bin cd editors/emacs && emacs -Q --batch --eval "(progn (setq package-user-dir \"$(pwd)/bin\" \ package-archives '((\"melpa\" . \"https://melpa.org/packages/\") \

emacs29 intelephense

Emacs 29 and PHP Intelephense I use to use Emacs and PHP Intelephense for PHP development. I recently upgraded to Emacs 29 and PHP Intelephense stopped working. I found a solution on Reddit Based on that, I rewrote my .emacs file to use eglot instead of lsp-mode, and this is the result. (use-package eglot :ensure t) (add-hook 'php-mode-hook 'eglot-ensure) (use-package php-mode :ensure t :mode ("\\.php\\'" . php-mode)) (add-to-list 'auto-mode-alist '("\\.php$" . php-mode)) (provide 'lang-php) (use-package company :ensure t :config (setq company-idle-delay 0.3) (global-company-mode 1) (global-set-key (kbd "M- ") 'company-complete)) (require 'eglot) (add-to-list 'eglot-server-programs '((php-mode :language-id "php") . ("intelephense" "--stdio" :initializationOptions (:licenseKey "98989898989898989898"