Skip to main content

Nunin Error Lock

Lock already exists: /run/munin/munin-update.lock. Dying.

I'm heavily using Munin for monitoring and every 5 minutes I receive a mail saying that Lock already exists: /run/munin/munin-update.lock. Dying.
This is because Munin takes more than 5 minutes to process every nodes, might it be because the node takes too much time to answer or for any reason. So the lock is not erased at the next launch.
Munin is ran every 5 minutes by /etc/cron.d/munin which contains
*/5 * * * * test -x /usr/bin/munin-cron && /usr/bin/munin-cron
In order to avaoid launching when the lock file still exists, I have to add the check before:
*/5 * * * * if [ ! -f /run/munin/munin-update.lock ]; then munin test -x /usr/bin/munin-cron && /usr/bin/munin-cron ; fi

Popular posts from this blog

npm run build base-href

Using NPM to specify base-href When building an Angular application, people usually use "ng" and pass arguments to that invocation. Typically, when wanting to hard code "base-href" in "index.html", one will issue: ng build --base-href='https://ngx.rktmb.org/foo' I used to build my angular apps through Bamboo or Jenkins and they have a "npm" plugin. I got the habit to build the application with "npm run build" before deploying it. But the development team once asked me to set the "--base-href='https://ngx.rktmb.org/foo'" parameter. npm run build --base-href='https://ngx.rktmb.org/foo did not set the base href in indext.html After looking for a while, I found https://github.com/angular/angular-cli/issues/13560 where it says: You need to use −− to pass arguments to npm scripts. This did the job! The command to issue is then: npm run build -- --base-href='https://ngx.rktmb.org/foo&

Emacs Pulumi LSP

Install Pulumi Emacs Mode The source code is on https://github.com/pulumi/pulumi-lsp. At the very bottom of the page are the instructions on how to install. You Need to have make installed. $ make install emacs-client mkdir -p ./bin go build -ldflags "-X github.com/pulumi/pulumi-lsp/sdk/version.Version=v0.2.3-6-gec49054" -o ./bin -p 10 ./cmd/... go: downloading github.com/pulumi/pulumi/sdk/v3 v3.53.1 ... ... ... go install -ldflags "-X github.com/pulumi/pulumi-lsp/sdk/version.Version=v0.2.3-6-gec49054" ./cmd/... mkdir -p editors/emacs/bin cd editors/emacs && emacs -Q --batch --eval "(progn (setq package-user-dir \"$(pwd)/bin\" \ package-archives '((\"melpa\" . \"https://melpa.org/packages/\") \

emacs29 intelephense

Emacs 29 and PHP Intelephense I use to use Emacs and PHP Intelephense for PHP development. I recently upgraded to Emacs 29 and PHP Intelephense stopped working. I found a solution on Reddit Based on that, I rewrote my .emacs file to use eglot instead of lsp-mode, and this is the result. (use-package eglot :ensure t) (add-hook 'php-mode-hook 'eglot-ensure) (use-package php-mode :ensure t :mode ("\\.php\\'" . php-mode)) (add-to-list 'auto-mode-alist '("\\.php$" . php-mode)) (provide 'lang-php) (use-package company :ensure t :config (setq company-idle-delay 0.3) (global-company-mode 1) (global-set-key (kbd "M- ") 'company-complete)) (require 'eglot) (add-to-list 'eglot-server-programs '((php-mode :language-id "php") . ("intelephense" "--stdio" :initializationOptions (:licenseKey "98989898989898989898"