Skip to main content

vmware libz libfontconfig libexpat

Archlinux - Kernel 4.11 - VMWare workstation 12.5.7

With this combination, when I launch "vmware", despite the fact I already "export VMWARE_USE_SHIPPED_LIBS=force", I get those lines:

Unable to load libfontconfig.so.1. /usr/lib/vmware/lib/libz.so.1/libz.so.1: version `ZLIB_1.2.9' not found (required by /usr/lib/libpng16.so.16)
Unable to load libfontconfig.so.1 from /usr/lib/vmware/lib/libfontconfig.so.1/libfontconfig.so.1: libexpat.so.0: cannot open shared object file: No such file or directory
Unable to load dependencies for /usr/lib/vmware/lib/libvmware-modconfig.so/libvmware-modconfig.so

In order to workaround, I decided to get the things to the maximum: Add all shipped libraries in the LD_LIBRARY_PATH.

So I created my custom launcher of "vmware" and this is the content:


#!/bin/bash
export VMWARE_USE_SHIPPED_LIBS=force
LD_LIBRARY_PATH=""
LD_LIBRARY_PATH=$( find /usr/lib/vmware/lib/ -maxdepth 1 -mindepth 1 -type d | awk 'BEGIN{p=""}{p=p$0":"}END{print p}' )
LD_LIBRARY_PATH=${LD_LIBRARY_PATH}$( find /usr/lib/vmware-installer/2.1.0/lib/lib/ -maxdepth 1 -mindepth 1 -type d | awk 'BEGIN{p=""}{p=p$0":"}END{print p}')
export LD_LIBRARY_PATH
/usr/bin/vmware

Popular posts from this blog

npm run build base-href

Using NPM to specify base-href When building an Angular application, people usually use "ng" and pass arguments to that invocation. Typically, when wanting to hard code "base-href" in "index.html", one will issue: ng build --base-href='https://ngx.rktmb.org/foo' I used to build my angular apps through Bamboo or Jenkins and they have a "npm" plugin. I got the habit to build the application with "npm run build" before deploying it. But the development team once asked me to set the "--base-href='https://ngx.rktmb.org/foo'" parameter. npm run build --base-href='https://ngx.rktmb.org/foo did not set the base href in indext.html After looking for a while, I found https://github.com/angular/angular-cli/issues/13560 where it says: You need to use −− to pass arguments to npm scripts. This did the job! The command to issue is then: npm run build -- --base-href='https://ngx.rktmb.org/foo&

Emacs Pulumi LSP

Install Pulumi Emacs Mode The source code is on https://github.com/pulumi/pulumi-lsp. At the very bottom of the page are the instructions on how to install. You Need to have make installed. $ make install emacs-client mkdir -p ./bin go build -ldflags "-X github.com/pulumi/pulumi-lsp/sdk/version.Version=v0.2.3-6-gec49054" -o ./bin -p 10 ./cmd/... go: downloading github.com/pulumi/pulumi/sdk/v3 v3.53.1 ... ... ... go install -ldflags "-X github.com/pulumi/pulumi-lsp/sdk/version.Version=v0.2.3-6-gec49054" ./cmd/... mkdir -p editors/emacs/bin cd editors/emacs && emacs -Q --batch --eval "(progn (setq package-user-dir \"$(pwd)/bin\" \ package-archives '((\"melpa\" . \"https://melpa.org/packages/\") \

emacs29 intelephense

Emacs 29 and PHP Intelephense I use to use Emacs and PHP Intelephense for PHP development. I recently upgraded to Emacs 29 and PHP Intelephense stopped working. I found a solution on Reddit Based on that, I rewrote my .emacs file to use eglot instead of lsp-mode, and this is the result. (use-package eglot :ensure t) (add-hook 'php-mode-hook 'eglot-ensure) (use-package php-mode :ensure t :mode ("\\.php\\'" . php-mode)) (add-to-list 'auto-mode-alist '("\\.php$" . php-mode)) (provide 'lang-php) (use-package company :ensure t :config (setq company-idle-delay 0.3) (global-company-mode 1) (global-set-key (kbd "M- ") 'company-complete)) (require 'eglot) (add-to-list 'eglot-server-programs '((php-mode :language-id "php") . ("intelephense" "--stdio" :initializationOptions (:licenseKey "98989898989898989898"