Skip to main content

A pgrep like with ocaml

pgrep

"pgrep" is a tool to "grep" processes. If you want to know if a process containing a pattern exists, you use "pgrep pattern".

informations

The informations about a process are stored in

 /proc/$PID/cmdline 

ocaml

To make a pgrep-like with Ocaml, we'll have to loop on all /pro/$PID and check if

 /proc/$PID/cmdline 
has the pattern we look for.

I made it with this (crappy) piece of code, in which you fill find how, in OCaml, to:

  • Open a File
  • Write recursive functions
  • Replace a string with another
  • Deal with command line arguments
 open Unix   ;; open List   ;; open Str    ;; open Sys    ;; open Printf ;; open String ;; open Array  ;; (* In /proc//cmdline, the field separator is '\000' *) let rec cmd_to_string accumulator cmd_channel = try let red = input_char cmd_channel in match red with | '\000' -> cmd_to_string (accumulator^(" ")) cmd_channel; | _      -> cmd_to_string (accumulator^(String.make 1 red)) cmd_channel; with End_of_file -> accumulator;; let a_pid_cmd a_pid = let cmd_handle = open_in ("/proc/"^a_pid^"/cmdline") in let the_cmd = cmd_to_string "" cmd_handle in close_in cmd_handle; the_cmd;; (* Improve: I could have returned the tuple (binary, arguments) *) let slash_proc_list = to_list (readdir "/proc");; (* Number-only == PID *) let r_number = regexp "^[0-9]+$";; let rec proc_list accumulator slash_proc_list = match slash_proc_list with | [] -> accumulator; | tete::queue -> match (string_match r_number tete 0) with | true  -> (proc_list ((a_pid_cmd tete)::accumulator) queue); | false -> (proc_list (accumulator) queue);; let the_proc_list = proc_list [] slash_proc_list;; (* Extraction of the binary, includes the basedir *) let invoked a_line= try List.hd (Str.split (regexp " ") a_line) with _ -> "";; let rec procs_matching accumulator regex_as_string a_proc_list = match a_proc_list with | [] -> accumulator; | tete::queue -> let r_asked   = regexp regex_as_string and proc_name = invoked tete in match (string_match r_asked proc_name 0) with | true  -> procs_matching (tete::accumulator) regex_as_string queue; | false -> procs_matching (accumulator)       regex_as_string queue;; (* Improve: Should know how to deal with basedirs /usr/bin, /bin,... *) let the_procs_matching = procs_matching [] Sys.argv.(1) the_proc_list;; let rec print_list a_list =  match a_list with | []          -> (); | tete::queue -> Printf.printf "%s  " tete;  print_list queue;; let check_procs max_number a_proc_list = let the_length = List.length a_proc_list in match (the_length < int_of_string(max_number)) with | true  -> Printf.printf "%d processes found: " the_length; print_list a_proc_list; WEXITED 0; | false ->  WEXITED 2;; check_procs Sys.argv.(2) the_procs_matching;; 

Popular posts from this blog

npm run build base-href

Using NPM to specify base-href When building an Angular application, people usually use "ng" and pass arguments to that invocation. Typically, when wanting to hard code "base-href" in "index.html", one will issue: ng build --base-href='https://ngx.rktmb.org/foo' I used to build my angular apps through Bamboo or Jenkins and they have a "npm" plugin. I got the habit to build the application with "npm run build" before deploying it. But the development team once asked me to set the "--base-href='https://ngx.rktmb.org/foo'" parameter. npm run build --base-href='https://ngx.rktmb.org/foo did not set the base href in indext.html After looking for a while, I found https://github.com/angular/angular-cli/issues/13560 where it says: You need to use −− to pass arguments to npm scripts. This did the job! The command to issue is then: npm run build -- --base-href='https://ngx.rktmb.org/foo&

Emacs Pulumi LSP

Install Pulumi Emacs Mode The source code is on https://github.com/pulumi/pulumi-lsp. At the very bottom of the page are the instructions on how to install. You Need to have make installed. $ make install emacs-client mkdir -p ./bin go build -ldflags "-X github.com/pulumi/pulumi-lsp/sdk/version.Version=v0.2.3-6-gec49054" -o ./bin -p 10 ./cmd/... go: downloading github.com/pulumi/pulumi/sdk/v3 v3.53.1 ... ... ... go install -ldflags "-X github.com/pulumi/pulumi-lsp/sdk/version.Version=v0.2.3-6-gec49054" ./cmd/... mkdir -p editors/emacs/bin cd editors/emacs && emacs -Q --batch --eval "(progn (setq package-user-dir \"$(pwd)/bin\" \ package-archives '((\"melpa\" . \"https://melpa.org/packages/\") \

emacs29 intelephense

Emacs 29 and PHP Intelephense I use to use Emacs and PHP Intelephense for PHP development. I recently upgraded to Emacs 29 and PHP Intelephense stopped working. I found a solution on Reddit Based on that, I rewrote my .emacs file to use eglot instead of lsp-mode, and this is the result. (use-package eglot :ensure t) (add-hook 'php-mode-hook 'eglot-ensure) (use-package php-mode :ensure t :mode ("\\.php\\'" . php-mode)) (add-to-list 'auto-mode-alist '("\\.php$" . php-mode)) (provide 'lang-php) (use-package company :ensure t :config (setq company-idle-delay 0.3) (global-company-mode 1) (global-set-key (kbd "M- ") 'company-complete)) (require 'eglot) (add-to-list 'eglot-server-programs '((php-mode :language-id "php") . ("intelephense" "--stdio" :initializationOptions (:licenseKey "98989898989898989898"